MEO Youth Services is offering programs for 5th to 12th grade students.
Prevention Courses (Virtual Only)
Each Course consists of 5 one-hour sessions. (Offered Year Round)
- Slick Tracy (For 5th to 7th graders)– A comic books series that focuses on the effects of underage drinking and promotes youth and parent communication.
- Class Action (For 9th to 12th graders)– Youths will examine 6 civil trial cases dealing with the consequences of youth and alcohol use.
- Gatekeepers and Digital Defenders (For 7th to 12th graders)– Youths will learn about risk and protective factors, warning signs and connecting someone who is suicidal to the proper help they need. Including information on the “Bullying Circle” and steps on how to report an online cyberbully.
Youth Services Program
For Middle and High Schoolers, programs are offered year round. Transportation is provided to and from each activity. COVID Restrictions Apply.
- After-School Program: Two Service-Learning Activities per week (possibly on weekends) Each Activity is from 2 to6 p.m. Activities include community service, tutoring, life skills, and cultural connectedness.
- Out-of-School Program: Activities during Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring Breaks Four Service-Learning Activities per week (possibly nights and weekends) Each Activity is from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- M.A.U.I. Kanaktion Task Force: Meet once a month from 5 to7 p.m. Receive Leadership and Mentorship Training Create local prevention campaigns (alcohol, tobacco, suicide, bullying)