MEO’s Agriculture Micro Grants Program
The Agriculture Micro Grants Program will allow operating farms on Maui, Molokai and Lanai to qualify for grant funds up to $25,000 that will have a direct impact on the availability of:
- local produce
- local livestock and poultry
- and other products
while increasing the farm’s capacity, productivity, name recognition and income.
- Operating farms throughout Maui County (crops, livestock, poultry and products)
- GET License to conduct business in Hawaii as of July 1, 2020
- Provide a copy of their IRS Schedule F form filed for 2019
- Business owners and any partners are Maui County residents for a minimum of one year prior to date of application
- Preference shall be given to socially disadvantaged farming applicants such as women and Native Hawaiians, and to food-producing farm businesses that operate on less than an aggregate of 12 acres within Maui County who meet the above mentioned criteria,
Grant funds will be approved for one or more of the following:
- Expand farm yield capacity and production
- Improve safety and health practices
- Increase business acumen
- Adopt or increase utilization of technology
- Adopt or increase business visibility through marketing efforts
- Completed application
- Farm needs statement to explain the description of business operations, and the need and use for grant funds
- Photo ID
- GET tax Licence number
- IRS form schedule F filled for 2019
- 2019 State tax return Form N-11
- Sole Proprietors need to provide Tax Clearance State of Hawaii form A-6 (ehawaii.gov) Hawaii Compliance Express
- LLC's and Corp's need to provide a Certificate of Vendor Compliance from DCCA (ehawaii.gov) Hawaii Compliance Express
- As part of the application process, you will be required to write a FARM NEEDS STATEMENT in which you will justify the requested amount you are seeking from the grant. This, and all required documents can be uploaded with the online form.
No funds will be distributed directly to the farmer. Payment will be made to the vendors providing the service, product or equipment to achieve the program goals and objectives.
Framers receiving grants must provide a report 90 days after receipt of grant documenting goals and objectives were met.
For more information on this program email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 249-2990 and ask for David Daly.