Community Services: 808-249-2970
MEO’s Community Services Department has offices on the Islands of Maui, Moloka`i, and Lana`i. Trained case managers help individuals and families to achieve success and self-sufficiency through:
- Intake and problem identification
- Individual or family service planning
- Implementation of solutions
- Employment Core Services For Low Income Persons-ECSLIP
- BEST Reintegration
- Enlace Hispano Program (Services for the Hispanic Community) Inter-agency linkages & referrals
- Farmworker Services-NFJP
- LIHEAP (during the month of June)
- Rental Assistance
- Senior Employment Services-SCSEP
- Senior Legal Services - 60+
- Senior “Red Discount” Card Vendor List
- Senior Scoop Newsletter
- WAP - Weatherization Assistance Program
- Maui Independent Living Center (MILC)
Are there government benefits that could help you—ones you are not yet accessing? Go on the Web to www.govbenefits.gov (link will open in a new window or tab) to check.
Until now, finding out what government benefits there are and which ones you can qualify for has been, at best, hit-and-miss. No one person anywhere knew about all the loans, grants, insurance, food programs, rental assistance and other possible government benefits.
MEO clients with case workers have a better chance than most people of discovering needed assistance. This Web site will make life easier even for those case managers and clients. Also, a few clicks, starting on this U.S. government Web site will take you to Web pages about the state benefits available through the Hawai‘i government. Even if you think there are no benefits available to you, you owe it to your family to spend a few minutes on the site… just checking it out.