- The Mission of MEO is to strengthen the community while helping people in need restore their hope, reach their potential and enrich their lives.
- Improve the community by promoting economic independence and sustainability.
- Team work
- Personal Excellence
MEO is a nonprofit Community Action Agency committed to helping low income individuals and families become stable and achieve economic security. MEO’s services are constantly changing to meet the needs of children and families, the disabled and medically needy, and the elderly and other low-income individuals. MEO works with more than twenty-five community partners to help people and change lives. All MEO programs are tangible translations of the Promise of Community Action.
MEO has been “helping people...changing lives” for over 50 years and is an articulate advocate for those whose voices are often not heard. From transportation and early childhood education to assistance with small business development MEO works in concert with the public and private sector.
MEO provides tools to help people and change lives with programs offered through five departments:
- The BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER assists small business entrepreneurs with business plan training, credit assessment, and microloans for startup and expansion.
- COMMUNITY SERVICES provides a wide array of services including rental subsidy, employment training and job placement, Enlace Hispano (Hispanic Link), weatherization and energy assistance, senior club coordination, prisoner reintegration, Hawaiian agricultural workshops, BEST Reintegration, Ke Kahua farm and more.
- EARLY CHILDHOOD SERVICES provides quality infant care and early childhood education, offering toddlers a Head Start toward a better education and a better life.
- The TRANSPORTATION Department provides rides to the doctor, to work, to school, to adult day care, for necessary shopping, and for other needs with both standard and wheelchair lift-equipped vehicles.
- The YOUTH SERVICES Department provides youth with assistance to succeed in school and life through fun-filled opportunities to learn life skills, prepare for the workforce, and serve the community. The prevention of underage drinking, substance abuse, tobacco use, teenage pregnancy, and teenage suicide is consistently blended with youth program activities.
MEO is dedicated to providing tools for living, for earning, for self-reliance, and for community involvement. All programs are designed with the underlying belief that instead of giving people a fish, it is better to teach them how to fish for themselves.
MEO Organizational Chart (PDF will open in a new window or tab)